| || Aims and objectives of the ABWG |
Taking into account the pillars on which the Poverty Eradication Action Plan is based:
By building on the shared experiences and knowledge of member organizations, contribute to development and promotion of agricultural technologies that both conserves biodiversity as well as directly increasing the ability of the poor to raise their incomes and hence improve their quality of life.
1. Identify best practices for the long-term conservation of biodiversity in selected farmed landscapes in Uganda.
2. Establish a framework for sustainable agriculture development and monitoring of agro-biodiversity changes/trends in Uganda.
3. To mobilize individuals, institutions and Civil Society Organizations involved in the agro-biodiversity sector to support development and implementation of the Agro-biodiversity Policy, Plan and Act.
4. To take lead in identifying issues of concern in the agro-biodiversity sector.
5. To lobby and advocate for policy commitments relevant to agro-biodiversity.
6. Encourage the development of networks and partnerships in the agro-biodiversity sector.
7. To mobilize resources for the implementation of the working group programs.
B) Terms of Reference
1. Identify issues of concern in the agro-biodiversity sector. The working group will take lead in identifying and reviewing cross cutting issues that affect the agriculture and biodiversity sectors and how these economically, environmentally and socially affect people's livelihoods.
2. Identify existing and potential interventions relating to agro-biodiversity. During the identification and reviewing process stage of cross cutting issues, policies, plans and programs will be reviewed.
3. Identify partners to the working group for the sustainability of the working group by organizing joint programs and networking.
4. Advocate for policy effectiveness where appropriate, in the agro-biodiversity sector. After identifying and reviewing cross cutting issues, the UABWG will advocate for effectiveness in policy in the agro-biodiversity sector for the good of the people and the environment in which they live.
5. Stock-take agro-biodiversity related management practices/ experiences of the different organizations in the country after which they will be documented.
| Copyright © Project Partners. All rights reserved. |